z18et vs z18S

Dmitry

Hey guys, new here, got exams on at the moment so dont have the time to do a proper intro/build post (will be done after the exams though).

Anyways my name is Dmitry and my brother and I went halves on a s110 1981 silvia (hope thats oldschool enough :) ).

Am doing bits of the engine rebuild at the moment in the little spare time I have.

I got a z18et which has rusted pistons and block but the head, crank and rods are mint. I also bought a z18s (carby).

the et head is soft so will not be using. I am planning on using the z18i block and head and using my turbo manifold along with a rb20/25/vg30 turbo to power it.

What I want to know is this, between the two engines:

Are the cranks and rods the same? Are the cams the same? Are the oil pumps the same?

Also are the repco bearings and rings all good?

I have tried to do a search on the net and on here but for this comparison I'm coming up pretty dry.

Well I already have these two engines, the rebuild is looking to cost 500ish atm, plus have gearbox and all the manual bits etc etc so can bolt in, no need for cert.

I have started building a sr20 for it. Gonna take a while as its a big build and need IRS in the rear first. So may aswell drive this thing around and see what all the datsun boys are on about haha.