3sge generation differnces?

HighLUX

Whats the differences on gen3 engines vs gen2?

I know theres some improvements in the gen3 engine over the gen2 (better oil pick up setup better head more hp etc)

Was thinking of getting a gen3 3sge since there cheap and giving it a freshen up to eventually replace the gen2 engine in the van.

Will the gen2 mounts powersteering alternator waterlines etc bolt up to a gen3 engine? Are the looms different?

Cheers

Intakes on the gen 3 are rounder than the gen two.

plug leads go over the top of the intake rather than under like the gen 2 (were bloody expensive to try and replace i ended up getting gen 2 ones and cutting the top loop and passing them back through each other , was a very tight fit but better than the $200 to replace them with gen 3 ones)

I think its mostly the intake side of things thats different, were the gen 2's tuned by yamaha?

probably useless info but just chucking it out there.

iirc the head flanges are different so you may need different extractors (I know the intake side is definitely different) I can go check if you need.

better ports, extra c/r

not sure about wiring etc, but I'm pretty sure all the mounts will work (can also check this if you need it confirmed)