Replacing mini seats

DodgySam

OK...Im replacing the old low back mini seats for something with a bit of neck protection.

Instead of retaining the tilting seat arrangement in using seat runners and recliner seats.

My question is as i am attaching the seats by a bolt on each corner is it ok to just drill holes in the floor and bolt them in?

Or will I need to weld plates and nuts under the floor to strengthen them?

Also on a side note do you reckon I should por15 the floor of the mini before I dynamat it or should i just dynamat it and not worry about the rust protection under it.

It will be undersealed on the outside of the undertray of course.

bigger the plates the better. my wof guy had a whine at me when i had a bucket seat in my clubman years ago. it ws affixed to the factory spots at the front andhad spacers to bolt it to the floor atthee rear. he had ameanwhinge about it beig bolted there, even though it was previously used in an MSNZ clearanced race car so i jsut unbolted the rear ones and he was happy. weird huh. but yeah you my need to be certed for it now.

yea good idea

i beleive the rules are (dont quote me)

all bolts at least M8

Plates under car need to be tacked to the body work, and nuts tacked to plates.

there are minimum sizes of plates, I THINK it's along the lines of min 5mm thick steel and minimum dimensions are 80x80mm wide

There Used to be something called Schedule A that was a base regulation for most race series and related closely to cert standards, and went into depth about all sort of shit like this, I cannot seem to find it, but seeing as I need to do the exact same thing, I will keep looking.