Borg Waner diff gear bolts

RT

Got a borg waner 78 LSD diff which is going in my capri. Has a 3.23 LSD in it.

Don't like the ratio with my C4 auto so I got a 2.92 crown wheel & pinion and had that shot-peened.

Now just as the assembly is going well we've noticed that the crown wheel bolt holes are a different size.

Does anyone know anything about these diff gears? Anyone got some diff gear bolts I think they're 7/16 UNF

most vals ran the type 78 diff boe. How many spline are your axles?

I can turn you up sone adapter bushes to make the bolts you have fit if need be. I've sold a few sets to peeps who have adapted R200 VLSD's to longnose R200's for datsuns.

Depending on the spline count, the 3.23:1 is the diff for choice for Vals. The E series chargers an said ratio in them. (But they were a handfull in the wet!)

Are the tapped bolt holes in the crownwheel bigger or smaller than the holes in the crownwheel that you're replacing? It the bolts that hold your crownwheel to the carrier are smaller than the holes in the carrier, my bushes slip over the bolts (snugly) and have the same OD as the ID of the hole in the carrier.

Does that make sense?

What was the diff from originally? Vals ran 25 spline axles also.

Right, so no that won't work. The new crown-wheel holes are bigger so I need to get the correct bolts for it then drill out the carrier to suit the bigger bolts.

Don't know what the diff is out of.. apparently it's out of a MK1 Capri from Australia. Maybe even a Perana Capri..

I thought maybe it was a Holden Borg Waner or Falcon.. but my mechanic buddy doesn't reckon it is. Mayb Valiant. The bolts look like 7/16 UNF