No injection pulse

Requiemk

My car has no injection pulse, rb25det. It been of the road for a month or so getting a few alterations and now it wont start, no injection pulse.

Anyone have ideas on what could be the cause of this?

I extended the engine loom in places including the cam angle sensor wiring which is only piece of input the ecu needs to initiate injection pulse.

including the cam angle sensor wiring

maybe the ecu doesn't realise the engine is turning over now? mine wouldn't fire the injectors / coil a while back because the ecu wasn't receiving signal from the dizzy, was showing engine speed as 0.

and check all your earths. fit more for good measure, especially from block to chassis.

cas wiring is fine, ecu is receiving both signals for rpm and engine position.

Have went over earth's tonight but to no success

I am getting spark so everything needed for ecu to run is there.

no fault codes either.

i have went over wiring i have extended but alot of it has nothing to with circuit and runs regardless of whether they are plugged in

also why only 9 volts? usually 12......

i wondered that too, but i stopped there. :) what voltage is there when you're cranking? most ecu's need atleast 5 or 6v to power everything while cranking so if its dropping too low might cause problems. try hook a jump start pack up to make sure you got plenty of power...

otherwise must be a faulty earth or sensor if the ecu and loom have been replaced. how do you know there is no injector pulse? did you check it with an LED or you just know the injectors aren't firing because fuel isnt getting in?

Its all fixed now :D

I tested via a noid light as well as a chopped up manifold to visually check the fuel injectors firing into the air.

Turns out it was a faulty engine cont main fuse 30A which was half broken but still made contact on occasion. I replaced it with piece of crimped wire for short term and noticed it starting to smoke, i had a short to earth halfway into my body loom where i haven't even touched. very average.

I have had this fuel injection problem in the past but it cured itself haha so i just left it as it no longer any problem.

I find it weird this fuse wasn't mentioned as a vital part in the circuit in the engine manual or any website i looked at and that i would still get spark :?

Everything is all back together and engine running, good times