hunted's mk2 cortina

Beaver

DISCUSS!! http://www.oldschool.co.nz/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=18863

hey all. i have parted ways with the hunter (ill never forget the times....tear tear lol) and

super1-1.jpg

gained possesion of this 1969 mk2 cortina. has been off the road for best part of 12 months, with rego on hold. has full 2" exhaust, gt carb. after some issues with the replaced gearbox not working, i sorted it by putting the old gbox back in and away it went. took for a warrent last friday and failed on

rear leaf spring bushes (replaced them today)

inner tied rod end was fucked (being rebuilt, should be ready on monday)

front left strut leaking (have replaced both front struts)

unbalanced rear brakes (have stripped/cleaned/put back together cylinders)

handbrake up to fuck all(just needed adjusting)

so yeh once the tie rod end comes back ill whip that in and tack it back and hopefully will get a wof. took it through vtnz for peace of mind so yeh the fail list wasnt too bad considering. once its wofed, first step is to lower it (had to put original front springs back in as new struts were not shorted like the old ones), and am prety keen on dropping a hot cam in, there are a shit load on tm at the mo for around 100 bucks

so yeh, this is whats distracting me from uni at the mo lol ah well....

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yay wof ane reg :D cheap rego saves my life....85 buks a year ftw. next step is lowering...probably get leaves reset as 2 inch blocks just wont cut the mustard....i have lowering springs for the front but they arent captive with the new strut inserts. might cust chop the strandard ones

• 2 weeks later...

right, study and lack of money has slowed things down a bit. decided that it needs a paint so in prepaeration for that, went and saw tonythepainter (new dude on here) and he is going to fix up my right front guard as its coverd in bog and is split everywhere and just shitty. hes also goin to patch up the spoiler holes in the boot. then dependin on how i feel/what my bank account says, im keen to get hold of some paint and spray it myself. i also prices up getting the leaves reset, 160+gst and bellamy and east, dude said he can take 2 1/2 inches out so that will be sweet. so yeh, money is the biggest factor at the mo, so will see how things turn out.

oh and got another set of extractors as the ones in it now have a big dirty crack and it was cheaper just to get another set lol ($40 buks)

put the reset leaves back in this evening...looks dope. now the front is too high haha, am asking around to get the struts shortened, as i have lowering springs but they arent captive at the mo so ive got the original springs in.

just brought these

95829717_full.jpg

should loo sweet with a bit of a tidy up

Have my last exam on saturday and then went i recover from my hangover (probably a few days) i shall be spending what little money i have getting it lowered more haha

• 3 weeks later...

new struts (props to dirty_leppa) are away getting machined, 2" lowering blocks are in the mail, getting new rims stripped tonight and will take into powder coater tomoro or next day.

next week is going to be a big week haha. havent driven it for nearly a month now...so gay

• 2 weeks later...

picked rims up from powdercoatrer today and dropped in at eng place to get lips machined. should be done early next week, then back to powdercoaters for a coat of clear. hopefully can get that done and tyres fitted and balanced before the 2nd (chch os meet)

• 3 weeks later...

DSC06112.jpg

DSC06132.jpg

guy backed into the cortina the other day, smashed a tail light but no other damage thank god. got rims back from powder coater, god dang they look good, just need to find two more tyres and get them fitted up and slap them on. am so poor at the moment so things are going slowly

• 5 weeks later...

brought new boot today, as mine has 4 holes from spoiler. could have got them welded up but for the price it was a straight as straight bonnet with no rust and all the badges so was a dam site easier.

am going to sell my van (anyone keen? lol) so hopefully will have a bit of cash to get the rust in the bonnet fixed, and the front guard needs shit load of work. can anyone recomend a place in christchurch for rust repairs and panel beating?

the plan is after summer to get it painted as i will have money from working all summer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

discuss viewtopic.php?f=18&t=18863

and so it begins.....

bonnet is at panel beaters so have made a start on the rest of the car. front right guard was full of huge patches of loose job that i could pick off with my fingers...filled in spot light holes on front valence, as well as holes where it used to have a front spoiler....lol

havn a bit of trouble getn the chrome trim off from around the rear arches as the gurads have all been rolled at some point hence hiding the nuts which i need to undo to take the chrome off. will have to try un roll a bit i suppose

few pics

IMGP2310.jpg

IMGP2311.jpg

IMGP2312.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

what do you do when you realise your first exam is actually two days later than you thought?

you make the most of the extra time to get more study in

wait, did i just say that? lol.

actually you spend more time/money or your oldschool rides!

just more primer filler. going to do whole car and then leave it till after exams

IMGP2356.jpg

IMGP2357.jpg

IMGP2358.jpg