oil pick up mounts

bubblegoose

just stubled upon a problem with arp main studs... no mounting for the oil sucker :(

safe to run with out the bracket?

id say no was if the pipe is too long and has no support you can garuntee that it will crack and break in the most inconveniant position and time then youll have no oil pressure lol

i know

just cant find anywhere suitable for bracketry, may have to make super complicated one

also found out why you don't build engines while drinking....... you forget shit

reading through manual for rod bolt torques and noticed it says 'main bearings with oil groves are fitted to the block, bearings with no groves are fitted to the caps'

i remembered there being groves on the caps so thought shiiiit, ripped the caps back off again... acl bearings are grooved on both sides (wanker) :lol:

i know

just cant find anywhere suitable for bracketry, may have to make super complicated one

also found out why you don't build engines while drinking....... you forget shit

reading through manual for rod bolt torques and noticed it says 'main bearings with oil groves are fitted to the block, bearings with no groves are fitted to the caps'

i remembered there being groves on the caps so thought shiiiit, ripped the caps back off again... acl bearings are grooved on both sides (wanker) :lol:

ive had similar experiances lol shitted me bigtime as i thought of it when i was asleep about three days after i complatly assembled the engine , had to tear it back down just to find that i did in fact do it the right way :doubt:

Def need one man.

2 months ago my car ran ALL the bearings because the oil pickup had snapped from vibration of the engine. 100% need one!

Steelies made a meke lil brace for mine and we ended up bracing it onto a main bolt.

Gaz

thats how it used to be but the arp stud conversion dosnt have an alowance for this and they also sit higher :D

had to drill out the hole on the bracket, chop it off, cut 4mm out, weld it back on, stick it on the remaining threads from the stud, slammed a nut on there with red locktite, bent bracket over nut to stop spinnings

job done

sump on

forgot to take a picture (shit)