18RG stuff

rxtoy

right, got sump sorted, engine and twin sidedraught solex's mounted, trying to work out what i need to do for fuel and water.

so:

1. am i better off running an engine driven fuel pump???? i've got one off my 22R and the mounting hole looks the same, its just covered up on the 18RG. or will i have to buy an electric pump and mount that and a fuel pressure regulator somewhere (if so what pressure???)

2. do i need to run the water cooling setup on the carbs or is it pretty pointless???

3. anybody got pictures or a diagram of where all the water lines go for the heater and all that other shit?????? cause the hilux is a bit different.

4. my carbs are setup for the fuel line to come in the front, any idea why the hell they would want to do that???? would be heaps shorter to run it behind the block and into the first carb.

i'm sure i'll come up with a few more but that will do for now.

cheers

Matt

From what I can remember from my former flatmates 18RG conversion:

1. Depends on the engine. The early ones had mechanical pumps the later ones were electric. Although the electric ones have a blanking plate if you pull that youll see theres nothing in there to turn it as the cam dont have a lobe on it. Easy to run electric.

3. I did have photos on my old computer but not on this one, I may have some on my harddrive so Ill check later if I remember and noone else can help.

Not sure on the rest.

dude, sign up to toymods. it will take a few days to get your account activated but youll be right after that.

there is a thread called "for the love of a tractor engine, the life and times of the 18RG"

it has everything you could want to know about 18RG's.

sheepers.