Quick question - Cut and Polish

Scrubb

Just a quick question.

Would I be able to fix these two problems with some polishing and so on or would i have to get them resprayed?

p1000228ko4.th.jpg

p1000229ed1.th.jpg

They're the only two real blemishs on my paint so im keen to get them sorted.

Woops, those were stupidly small. Hopefully these work better.

In the second pic im talking about the cracking thats starting.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

bigger pics would be sweet..

it looks like in pic one a panel has been sprayed and the paint has been blended on the top of what looks to be the c pillar. It's hard to say without looking at it in person, depending on how bad it is, a further polish could make it better, or it could make it far worse and more noticible. I managed to hide a blend line on that red Galant on the previous page by a machine polish, but on other cars polishing has made it worse.

I can't tell what is wrong in the 2nd pic as it's so fricken small! seriously get some decent pics up if you want some decent answers. I see a line on an angle on the far right hand side of the pic? if that's it, then it looks like a scratch which will probably polish out.

using a good quality variable polisher (rupes by choice)

Farecla G3 polish and farecla compound sponge for 1st cut

farecla super soft polishing sponge (cant remember its name) and 3M finnesse it for 2nd cut

wax of your choice applied twice a day for 3 days

will make your paint minty fresh for years

as for polishing off your paint with a cutting compound by hand, unless your paint is already turning into the primer below then you will be there for aloooooooooong time

for light scratches or dense light scratches(years of car washes) use a 3M trixac pad of 2000-3000 grit and lots of water (by hand), with a good paint surface it will also take forever to rub the paint off with these

for orange peel you could use wet and dry but i prefer to use a 2000 trizac pad in an air operated DA buff the whole area to a dull sheen then start from the top of the page

and always remember WATCH THE EDGES!

ive used this method hundreds of time (literally) and have turned oh fuck (bad) to ooo fuck (good)

the finish is so much better, id never do it on something mike my lancer, but cars that are 4 or 5 years old and have had a hard life can come out looking like new

also just a cut and wax doesn't get the deep scratches out

ive done a fair bit of refurb work for avis and budget on lease returns and it always gives me a sad on when i see cars the are 9 months old with one super shiny panel that ive de-scratched and the rest all dulled up from rough washes

i just love super shiny paint :D

it takes about 8 hours to do an average car properly but the effort is always worth it