reccuring engine fuck up pt. 2

Trigga

its not consistent, like a medium to high pitched sound not an exploding backfire sound

but when i had it going for a mere 10 seconds it was coming from the carby im pretty sure

if its timing, its probably the dizzy, i dont know how to set it up properly and which leads go from where to which cylinder etc

its not consistent, like a medium to high pitched sound not an exploding backfire sound

but when i had it going for a mere 10 seconds it was coming from the carby im pretty sure

if its timing, its probably the dizzy, i dont know how to set it up properly and which leads go from where to which cylinder etc

well i havent timed a petrol for a while aka havent touched a dizzy ... however i think the rule of them is motor on tdc with 4th cylinder rockers rocking and then put you dizzy in and the rotor should be at number one plug lead in the dizzy cap

once its there it should start (albiet shit)

high pitched is carby your dizzy might be 180 deg out , try swapping round lead accordingly OR try aforementioned way up there^, and if it WAS running its more then likey your timing is just tooo far out aka one tooth which can also be fixed by the siad method

Dizzy cap should have number on where lead to number one piston goes. Firing order is 1-3-2-4 I think, so just work from that, ie: once you have the lead for spark plug one plugged in, the next one in order to plug in will be number 3, and so on.

Once that's done, get the rotor in the dizzy to line up more or less at the point on the cap where cylinder one is by either turning the crankshaft manually or turning the key to crank it. The latter is difficult to do accurately. Check that piston one is at the top of its cycle by removing the sparkplug and having a look in. Hopefully that should have the rough timing semi sorted.

Fuck that's hard to understand

looking at the sparkplug id a hard way of doing it , remove the rocker and look at whats rocking , the opposite cylinder will usually be firing at that time e.g number 4 rocking number one fire number 2 rocking number 3 fire number one rocking number 4 fire etc

and dont do it by key that rough as fuck even if it is to skip to the siad position faster .