Ca18det uprated clutch (F1 racing clutches)

Gaz

RPM374NSSC

$436.46

Uprated Puck clutch Kit. Semi solid centre.

Available 2 weeks or so from now.

What band is that and wherw can/do I get specs from man?

Didnt realise but that clucth closes tonight so short notice.

Gaz

http://clutchindustries.com.au/range/rp ... grade.html

This is what all repco clutches are.

I can ring and get more info on them if there's any available. What are you specifically wanting to know?

Guess I want to know the materials and what torque it is for.. if they clutch specalists then maybe ask their opinion of it on a ca.

I have just read multiple good reviews of a 6puck stage three clutchs on ca's and they are all good.. everyone agrees they are very streetable clutches with minimal shudder.

I let the auction close thos, im sure he has more as he has mutiple listings of them. need to do more research.

Gaz

lol if your going for over 250 kw id be looking at a 7.25" rally twinplate

but TBH im not a great fan of ca 18's ive seen far to maney people spend moonbeams on them on the proven path only to not get the results they wanted

far to many = 9 people

all have none gone sr20 and never looked back

Dia? The ca one is 8.85 inch already. Must be something else.

But yeah you work and I study so money = lacking.. Im thinking this one would be a good start for the $ ??

but TBH im not a great fan of ca 18's ive seen far to maney people spend moonbeams on them on the proven path only to not get the results they wanted

far to many = 9 people

all have none gone sr20 and never looked back

The people you know are not building them properly then. If they are screwed together right, and have a good tune, there is absolutely no reason a CA with forged pistons and rods will not make that kind of powers, and more, all day every day. I'd like to know exactly what was going wrong with them?

Where the SR falls down somewhat is the physical size of the thing, especially when sticking them in oldskool engine bays. The alloy block does not help and there is all of 5kg's difference between the two. Aftermarket support for both engines is excellent yadda yadda yadda...

I'd like to know exactly what was going wrong with them?
you asking a question i cant personally answer

give lyn rodgers a call in auckland he built one of them and nethier him or the guy that owned it were ever happy with it right up to the day they replaced it

personally i think it should be able to make 300kw on the stock engine.... like a 4agze

really the only think im willing to discuss is do you have a issue with useing a twin plate on a 250 rwkw + car

No issues with a well setup twin plate per se but there is no reason why a strong single plate cannot hold up either. My engine builder has a single plate clutch on a CA making over 300rwkw (semi-slicked drag car) and it holds together fine. Probably in a different $$$ ballpark to what we are talking here tho...

Won't the limiting factor be the rear end grip (or traction UJ? :lol: ) to a greater or less degree? Light car + road tires shouldn't be stressing the clutch too much unless you are trying pretty bloody hard... Which is why I thought the full faced organic would be okay. Maybe shopping around for some more expert advice would be the go?

^^^ Yeap I will most likely run semi slicks if traction is a problem so have to cater for that.

It would be good to run a twin plate over a puck clutch as it will keep the drivability.. Having talked to Wayne on MSN I think the 6 puck will be the next step in drivability (apart from a twin plate which I cant afford) over a full face in the same price range. I think that clutch, for bang for buck is def a goer.. Ill trial it lol..

Only prob is that he doesnt know the pressure of it or any real specs.. makes me a wonder.. Its still under half the price of any other option so may as well try it.

Gaz