what will cert man, you smarty people think?

peteretep

This is how im thinking of mounting my drivers front seat, the box section is 25mm and ~1.5mm wt, going down onto a flat plat of whatever thickness is required(~5mm?) at the front and back, at the front it is mounted onto the existing box section would could be drilled through the floor, the adjustable runners will be mounted onto the top holes

anyway, pic gives you an idea

and for the passenger seat I will draw something better up once i have an idea for the locking mechanism, but it will rotate forward and most probably use the original front mounts

254seater5.jpg

Guest vvega

to sandwich to sections you woudl need to do somthgin to stop compression ..other than that sweet drawing and perhaps tack plates onto underside of floor on the rears and bolt though floor onto those ??

bro love your sig :D

when we drinlking some piss next ?

i could just make the flat bar as wide as the section or something, i mean the section is whats used on the original seats although the mounts are probably a bit closer to the edge

its a pretty crap drawing really considering i do it all day at work, but i dont have a 3d mouse at home which makes it lame to use :doubt:

yeah i love taking stuff completely out of context, and i'll get drunk im hams next time one of you guys make a drinks place :P

anyone know the certification requirements for this type of thing?

• 3 weeks later...

what is this box frame you talk of?? my seats had the rails built in to the seats and there was no way i was gonna use them again, i dont think my new seats will be any higher than old ones really

nah motor not running yet haha, cars at the panel beaters until the end of the year i think, is looking like i'll be taking the engine down and doing a checkover on it too as its been sitting so damn long

the car is now at its 3rd panel beaters, hopefully the last one now... have a read of the trust blog... not me but similar story

anywho, your aftermarket seat mounts bolted nicely to the orig mounts? how did you fix them at the back, but my main problem is that i still want access to the rear seats, so that bracket shown will only be for the drivers side, the passengers side will have some more elaborate mechanism that im yet to look at, but at the moment its hard to do it because i dont have the car