Killroy's Marina.

treggo

just realised when i saw this thread that i do know someone with a marina, there's one sitting at Mangere pick a part (Auckland), didn't have a good look but if you need some parts i might be able to have a look this sunday when i go up. i'm guessing you've got heaps anyway, just thought i'd mention it.

cheers

Matt

Hey - thx for the offer Matt.

Yep - got quite a few spares on hand, and I could probably buy a car locally to wreck cheaper than I could freight a major bit from the far north.

Having said that - I'm always on the lookout for any Mk3's - they are recognisable by their plastic corners on the bumpers.

Also, they often tote large areas of grummage...

Cheers,

Kilroy

Nah - the spots are standard on the Mk3's.

These are all between '79 and '81, and are UK models.

There are vans and utes in Mk3 version too.

Much of the trim is interchangeable - but with the earlier models, the indicators are not fitted in the bumpers - but are separate fittings.

Should be, yep.

Most have the mounting points for the spots and the chin spoilers already drilled - but the grille has some cunning folds to house the spots - so its not easy to convert - easier to swap.

Your utes probably have mounting points for swaybars too.

They all torsion bar - but while cars are 19mm, the estates/vans/utes are 21mm.

Don't be fooled by their appearance - they are strong as, and soooo easy to lower.

In fact - the shock absorbers have trouble reining them in, so the addition of some outboard telescopics is apparently the go to curb their enthusiasm for pogo-like behaviour.

Havn't bothered myself - the swaybars help to even things out - and so they should - nearly 1" thick...

Cheap thrills...