hunted 1979 chrysler hunter

Beaver

well the deal for the carbs etc fell through...a bit bummed but meh saved me spending money lol. but then!!!!! i just brought a complete hunter for 250 buks haha. its a 74 and has differnt lights but thats it. its got a much tidier interior than mine, ie seats, carpet and door cards, so ill to the old swaparoo (its not wofd and reg is dead etc). plus i can finally replace the fukd heater core thingy in mine yay for heat lol. and it never hurts to have spare parts so im stoked. it dusnt run but it did 5 years ago when it was parked up so im sure it cant be to rooted. no biggy if the motors fuked anyway. its the alloy head version which puts out slighty more power than the cast iron head i have, so if i get it running nicely i might swap that as well.

so heres some pics

84135280_full.jpg

84135300_full.jpg

84135381_full.jpg

84135405_full.jpg

84135420_full.jpg

• 1 month later...

failed wof on rooted front struts, and exhasut manifold leak. swapped over the front suspension from my parts car, and have a mani gasket arriving tomoro, so should be warrented by end of week. got my full licence as well so i can actually legally drive it now haha fuk im useless. swapped some mags i had (wrong stud pattern) for a set of 13" minilights with some sweet dish (well like 30mm dish haha), with two new tyres and two with 3mm tread. so stoked, cant wait to get them. will look fukn dope with a good clean

GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=0&messageId=07419af1-d69e-422d-8625-9515bebf8b27&Aux=44|0|8CB61E43A4C3FC0|

GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=1&messageId=07419af1-d69e-422d-8625-9515bebf8b27&Aux=44|0|8CB61E43A4C3FC0|

got wof etc etc.....ive done a bit of work on the car over the last week. swapped all the seats and carpet over from my parts car, makes the inside heaps nicer. also my wheels arrived, and after some gentle persuasion of the rear guards with a sledge hammer....haha, they fit all good. just s slight rub when hitting massive bumps lol. looks so mint now, looks heps stauncher. will get pics up tomoro if it stops raining. next ont he list is to find and stop the leaks that let rain in, so that the carpet doesnt rot (WHICH IS WHY I REPLACED it in the first place), and also recover the dash as its cracked and sshitty looking. oh and i chopped the rear muffler off, hasnt really made it louderr but sounds a bit grumblyer which is mint.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

my beloved hunter has changed hands....now i500gt sits behind the wheel of this beast.

was sad to see her go, was my first car i ever worked on by myself and got me addicted i think haha. now have mk2 cortina to keep me busy!!

big thanks to everyone that offered advice etc due to me being a noobie haha