hunted 1979 chrysler hunter

Beaver

discuss viewtopic.php?f=18&t=15057

hey all. well hes a few shots of my latest possesion. its a 1979 chrysler hunter, not sure which model. 1725cc engine, woodgrain dash. just picked her up today, $400 buks...she runs bloody nice. has a broken axle but i got a spare that i just need to put in. then i just gota fix the dam bonnet popper cause it wont fork and i have to jam a fork in the grill when i want to pop the hood haha. also one or two of the lights dont go but that should be easy. just a tiny lil bit of rust to tidy up and then it should be gettin its warent. regos on hold. been ownded in christchurch all its life. so yeh ill get some more pics up as i work on it.

Picture003.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture001.jpg

• 2 months later...

well im up in hamilton at the mo and the cars still in chch, so i cant work on it till i go back down mid feb...cant wait. just need to replcae the axle and sort out a few minor issues then i think i myt go take it for a warrent just to see whats wrong with it. if ive got the rego on hold, can i take it for its warrent by driving it there? or does it need be be on a trailer or whatever. anyways i also picked up these to go on it, twin stromburgs.

IMGP1885.jpg

• 6 months later...

well after coutless efforts of trying to remove te axles....i gave up and just brought a complete diff haha, 65 buks and a road trip to timaru wasnt too bad i dont think!!! so hopefully today illl take the old one out and slide the new one in. also need to reassemble the brakes, but apart from that it should be drivable this afternoon!! fingers crossed. looking at putting some 2inch blocks in the back and hopefully compress the front springs to even it out. since the pics above its been half painted lol untill i ran outa paint, just primed at the mo, so hopefully ill finsh the rest of the car today aswell.

it drives!!! with no brakes haha, i was working on it by myself so couldnt bleed the brakes, but the hand brakes sufficed for a few trips round the paddock. so stoked to be making progress. hopefully ill get a chance today to bleed them and fingers cossed thats all that needs doin. finished priming nearly all the car, looks a gazillion times better, myt try get some pics today. cleaned up the inside, just got a tine bit of rust in the drivers fotwell, nothing a big of bog or sumthing cant cover, its only like a old 20c piece so no worries. so yeh hopefully will get a chance to try get a warrent this week and c if anything else needs some work.

well got the brakes fixed!! and also the bonnet popper works, and the accelerater pedal is stuck to the floor which is a good thing lol. just getting some tyres swapped around tomoro as the rear ones are bald at the mo and hopefully guna take it in for a warrent on tuesday. took it for a road test today, drives real smooth, no obvious problems, apart from a bit of tyre rub on full lock ... not sure how to fix that. would be keen on a 5th gear to make crusing at 100k a bit more comfortable but meh cant complain. so yeh after it gets a warrent, fingers crossed, next step is prbly some 2inch blocks in the back, and if i find some coin, compress the fronts. also keeping my eyes out for some wheels mayb, im a poor student lol.

my camera was flat so couldnt take fotos but ill get some someday

took the tyres in today to get the bald ones swapped to the spares i got with the car. the good ones are firestone c........ (cant memba the name) and they guy was like shit havnt seen a pair of these in like 30 years!!! said the tyres i have were made in 1984 lol i think it made his day. he said they all good tho, so ill slap them back on the car tomoro and head to the wof place......d day haha, cant wait

well i finally got pics!!! prety shitty bit yeh ah well. she still needs a bit more tidying up but im still stoked

SDC10251.jpg

SDC10252.jpg

SDC10253.jpg

SDC10254.jpg

SDC10255.jpg

SDC10256.jpg

going to tudy up the front right guard this arvo, and see what i can do with the dents on the left hand doors

put ne engine mounts in today, the old ones just fell apart once i unbolted them....lol. nearly finshed tidying up the front guards, just a bit more sanding and a bit of bog to go. got some rims lined up, hopefully get them next week. not quite what i was after but they still mint.

• 4 weeks later...

quick update....cars now in my garage lol. have fixed the two dents on the two left hand doors, they arnt perfect but look a dam sight better than before. also cleaned up the two front guards as they had dents near the headlights. now have some basic sounds, justa cd player and some amped 6x9s. am in the process of taking out the front springs, to find a means to lower it, be it swapping the springs for something else or just gettn them compressed. just gota order my ubolts and blocks for the back. then i plan on painting the steelies white, and ive got some nice shiney chrome hubcaps for them, just the lil ones. i also hope to have it painted while its not being driven. ive decided to try go original colour, so i dont have to redo the door jams and all that shit. so its a light blue metallic.

thats all for now, ill get some pics up when i do something worth looking at hahaha

have put two inch blocks in the back, and have the front springs out, trying to find some suitable replacements, or ill just get them compressed. have decided on what colour im going to paint it, im guna try get a half decent match to the original colour, so that the door jams, inside of bonnet and boot etc are the same colour as the outside. so next step is to get some paint!!! also in the process of painting the steelies white, which is turing out to be a bit harder than i thort lol.

fuck this thread is getting boring without pics lol, ill get some tomoro. lowerd the fron today, so its lowerd 50mm rear and 60mm at the front. looks fucking sweet i rekon. next step is paint!!! hopefully ill get time to do that next week!!! then i think ill have to leave it alone for a while cause i have no money lol

PICS!!!!!!!!!!!! haha

SDC10358.jpg

SDC10360.jpg

SDC10363.jpg

the centre section exhaust hangs real low and scrapes over speedbumps etc so i thnk ill have to attach another hanger somewhere to get it closer to the body

SDC10365.jpg

quite like one ^^^

this is my first go a panel work, think i didnt do toooo bad, so went from this...

SDC10251.jpg

to this.....

SDC10364.jpg

just waiting for the paint to arive, then can hopefully get that done

• 1 month later...

not much of an update, but ive done a bit of tidying up on the car. tracked down some more hubcaps so ive got a complete set now. have been tring on mags left right and centre, and the offset is always wrong, and the tyres wont tuck under the guards. so i think i myt keep the steelies and hubcaps, and drop the back another inch or two, probably just one otherwise itl be sitting on the bumpstop. heres a few more pics. cheers

SDC10456.jpg

SDC10459.jpg

SDC10460.jpg

SDC10466.jpg

SDC10472.jpg

quite like this one haha old skool represent

quick pic of how it sits now with the new blocks. the other side is actually lower at the back by bout 2cm lol and it was the side that was to high before lol go figure. pretty stoked with how its turned out, i dont think id want it much lower, it hits the bump stop easily at the back so i myt trim that i bit.

so it went from this (when i first had it)

SDC10251.jpg

to this (how it sits now)

SDC10490.jpg

it will stay like this for a while now as i have exams then im headin back up to thr tron for summer, but il get into painting it as soon as i get back, thie is the paint ive got, chevy/GMC light blue metallic

SDC10502.jpg

so yeh thats it for a bit. fuk i wish i had 4 weeks to spend on the car instead of studying.....

so yeh i had an exam yesterday morning and it was fukn shit so i came home and was like fuk this im guna paint the car. 7 cans latter lol...hea r the results. its a bit rough but i rekon it looks hepas better than gay primer, and looks way tougher too lol

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

just got these bad boys on trademe.......15 inch with 4 wofable tyres...50 buks haha. not 100% sure on stud pattern but meh for 50 buks its worth a try. they in levin so ill grab them on my way home to the tron, which means i wont be able to try them till next year :( ah well i can just lay in bed at night and dream of it...cough cough lol. so yeh i rekon they guna look fukn sweet with the matt black, myt have to keep it black lol. 99% sure ill have to roll/flare the guards but meh im stoked

79722120_full.jpg

• 2 months later...