Fuel Injector questions

thegreatestben

My chaser has decided it doesn't like boost for some odd reason, I got the feeling the fuel wasn't being delivered correctly as it goes fine until the turbos start doing there thing.

I bought a AFR gauge kit from jaycar, which I'm not sure if its telling me the right thing or not, but its rich at idle, and then all g reving with light accelerator, but when I foot flat or touch boost, it jumps to mega lean.

Does this sound like injectors not behaving.

Also I took them out and tested flow of petrol up to the rail and yep, getting plenty. Noticed there was some wierd sticky clear build up on the ends of one or two injectors.

I've never had any experiences with this sort of crap so advice me.

yuh my thoguhts = that too. esp if you're running increased boost.

off topic: do efi injectors get harmed in any way by running a premix 2 stroke stz like alot of rotor boys do? like, will they start to dribble with a 50:1 or thereabouts, mixture?

Should keep them nice and lubed, it would pay to run injector cleaner every now and again.

Woulcn't possibly be something to do with a faulty afm?

Could well be. Anything that is fuel flow related is a possiblity.

Id expect a faulty AFM to give issues over the whole range tho not just at boost.

I'm thinking if the FPR wasn't seeing the manifold pressure there'd be to much fuel at idle and not enough at boost so it was my first guess :wink:

Is the afm in those a flap one or filament? If its flap you could try opening it by hand under various engine speeds to see if it affects anything.

Faulty fpr would probably be the other cause. I can't imagine that the injectors are failing that badly under load but its probably happend before.

if it's moving vane also you might wanna crack the cover off if possible and give 'er a clean up in there. did that with the pooj and it made it run alot better. they can suffer from worn copper pickup opints, or carbon tracking from the arm itself. both should be manipulatable. can find an article on it including pics if you wanna dlve that far into it.