lowering a lada wagon

WildPlumDx

if theyre anything like the 124 theyre copied from if you lower them more than about 25mm it screws the steering geometry as the control arms will be pointing upwards instead of down/paralell. Thats said, if the sedan and wagon suspension is similar to the 124 coupe (does the wagon have leafs at the rear?) you can lower them alot if you dont care about the handling going to hell, I've seen one lowered 150mm from stock :rolleyes: But I beleive there was a bit more than just changing springs, things like shortened panhard rods cutting bumpstops and maybe moving some of the mounting points for the rear suspension.

Mines has cutties. and it sits on the bumps. i havent looked into new new suspension yet so not sure on legit springs/shocks etc. but when it is done it will be a mint setup. handling is high on the list.

Ladas were built with a high ground clearence so lowering then to anything reasonable puts the control arms at a mean angle like testament says.

click my project thread for a lowered lada on 14s.

mines dropped about 5 inches and diff hasnt been pushed over much at all tbh.

also earthwurmjurms lada has FWD offset 15s (i think) also on cutties/bumps. try find his project thread.

will have another speel about lowered ladas on sunday after ive had a play with my bumps etc. hopefully mine will be another inch or 2 lower after sunday :D:D:D:D:D:D will = me