Bellet Engine

nobumps

A) Gemini SOHC 1600 engine and gearbox (also 1800/2000 Rodeo)

Fitting is fairly simple requiring fabricated engine mounts to front mount the Gemini engine. Clearance around the oil filter on the right hand side should be born in mind. The standard sump fits in a Bellett. The clutch mechanism can be either converted to cable type using a Gemini cable and a modified clutch pedal to provide an extension with a hook on the top for the cable. Or, the Bellett mechanism can be used if the Gemini box is converted to a pull type action. Fairly easy by fitting a Bellett throw out fork and moving the internal pivot point. The rear gearbox mounting holes need to be moved back by 80mm. The lever comes out the original hole. The tail shaft will fit, depending upon the gearbox spline. Some extra clearance for the starter motor requires the firewall to be modified slightly also. Speedo cable fits and gauges will work too.

This conversion is probably the favourite as these engines are still available

Sounds pretty straight forward. Not quite as simple as I would have thought but there shouldn't be anything to drastic in there. Its a pitty you can't just bolt the bellet mounts on to the gemini block.

I seriously reckon it would be pretty fast with a G161Z in it. They are strong motors and that car seems to weigh nothing.

Would be crazy chucking it around the track and trying to hook gears with that bloody gearstick! haha

If you decide on doing up the standard motor i have a twin side draft Manifold for a 1500 bellet engine, that will allow you to fit a pair of twin throat webers or dellortos. $40 Just an idea :)