fuel's 1980 Mitsubishi Eterna GSR

fuel

Ok so I'm dragging this back up from the dead. Have realised that perhaps I bit off a bit more than I could chew with undergoing the V6 swap - it's still going to happen, but I'm going to continue to take my time with it as I gather up the funds to purchase a Link ECU, R154 gearbox, amongst other spendy items.

So in the meantime, as I've sold the Galant GT, I'm going to get this back on the road with the Sirius DASH engine I spent upwards of $3000 on. When I had the DASH engine in the Galant GT, I was held back by not being able to use the proper DASH wiring loom and RWD specific DASH inlet manifold. I had it running on the existing 8 valve ECU and throttle body injection unit and it just didn't quite run right.

However that's more or less sorted as I picked up a Starion GSR-V as a parts car, one of the couple cars which featured the DASH 3x2 engine, and it has a good wiring loom, RWD inlet manifold, and other nice bits such 5 stud hubs/larger brakes.

IMG_3794.jpg

IMG_3795.jpg

Sadly this is the 'basic spec' GSR-V which isn't equipped with an LSD, ABS or climate control, so even though the diff is the 'big' diff it doesn't have an LSD which would have been nice. The 5 stud hubs and larger brakes will make their way onto the Eterna so I can use these wheels:

2ziubtz.jpg

from, of course, one of these:

bonestock_01.JPG

If anyone wants Starion parts let me know.

Discuss here - viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9691

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much of an update, but least it has some pics. Pulled the Eterna out of storage to drag back to my garage where it will be for the next few weeks. Had 2+ years of dust, bird shit and slime growing on it. Some paint under the bird shit is perma-fucked, but I plan to eventually repaint the car anyway.

IMG_4288.jpg

IMG_4290.jpg

Cleaned her up some and put it in the garage, ready to pull the V6 out and put the DASH engine back in + all the bits I pulled out to make the V6 fit.

IMG_4292.jpg

Hopefully I'll have the DASH engine running in a few weeks. Will still need to sort out intercooler + piping and exhaust (as existing items were put onto the GT). My widebody wheels have arrived in Auckland but my 6-bolt LSD diff is still left behind in the US, prob wont arrive by the time I leave for Aus.

Discuss my failings here - viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9691

• 2 years later...

So another 2+ years on and no more progress! Car is still stored away, didn't quite get the DASH engine running before leaving to live in Australia and didn't quite get time on it during the few times I visited NZ. Now that I'm living in London it will probably see even less progress over the next few years. The last time I was in NZ however I mounted some 215/40 tyres onto the rear 16x9 0 offset SHP Starion rims for a test fit and I like the look of them.

f85268e9-0628-4319-b0bd-17fc04fa331d_zps

discussion thread in above post.

• Like 2