Morris 1300 into mini 1000? and engine differences?

Chrome_GT

hey, sorry i know the details have been mentioned in other threads but i couldn't find them. Basically ''ll be viewing Morris 1300s/1100s etc in the near future to find a donor for my mini.

How do i know the engnine is a 1300?

I think someone has said the thermostat housing is larger or something - can anyone confirm this?

Are there particular engine numbers stamped anywhere easily accessible?

Related q: if removing a 1300 from a morris sedan, would i need to swap the gbox to my original one or can i use the whole donor engine/box assembly? What about the drivetrain - i have rubber cross system, do the inner splines still match up or will i have to do an inner CV system?

All help appreciated

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my knowledge with this is surprisingly crap cos i havent personally done it... but, through the grapevine stz (dont quote me)

the engine bolts straight in, you only need to change one gearbox/stabilizer bush thing, which is simply a matter of unbolting the one from your old engine, and bolting it to the new one.

they are fucken simple to figure out. most of the work ive done on my mini was off the bat, not reading the manual sort of thing.

as for drive systems, like the mini's morrisis came out with various designs, so it depends what sort of morris you get. but generally speaking you'll be able to use the majority of the stuff out of the morris, it should bolt straight up to the mini.

Theres a tag on the top of the block near the fan, should say 12xxxxxx for 1275

99xxxxx is 998 and 10xxxxxx is 1098

Cool. Just had a look on my mini - definitely a 1000.

Any other ways of knowing. Someone I wana buy a car off has said that the engine number is missing.

Guest kornstar

fuck im still in the plans of doing this aswell, way to busy tho/ cant be fucked.

Another project on the way so will just keep the mini standard, but let me no how this goes.