looking for pinto anoraks... and 98ron

sholdowa

car was mainly set up for drags but it was 'ok' on the road very choppy below 3 grand started to make power at 4000 then sreamed past 7500 where i had the limiter set. have a look in the off topic forum under youtube vids is a vid of it open headered sounded mean. cam was 600thou lift and 310 duration @ 050 with full head job and open plenum manifold it made 320hp @ 7250 nasty in a 1000kg mk2.

here it is

Will you take a T9 in exchange? Very similar to the one that was in your garage until a few days ago!

ha ha.. no, I had both the box's on auction at the same time.. perhaps you bid on the wrong one?

To be honest the type9 will suit your requirements nicely. They are a good box for what you are doing. But feel free to buy this one as well! I need the garage space! :P

car was mainly set up for drags but it was 'ok' on the road very choppy below 3 grand started to make power at 4000 then sreamed past 7500 where i had the limiter set. have a look in the off topic forum under youtube vids is a vid of it open headered sounded mean. cam was 600thou lift and 310 duration @ 050 with full head job and open plenum manifold it made 320hp @ 7250 nasty in a 1000kg mk2.

here it is

I haven't had a chance to have a look yet as work blocks you tube :(

What was your best quarter?

Was it boosted/NOS or did you make a typo?

The heads can't flow much over 200HP according to the likes of Vizzard...

Guest WESTCORT

here it is

I haven't had a chance to have a look yet as work blocks you tube :(

What was your best quarter?

Was it boosted/NOS or did you make a typo?

The heads can't flow much over 200HP according to the likes of Vizzard...

from memory it was a v6 chevy. eventually dropped a bearing and got sold rather cheap

yeah was 3.8 litre v6 chev . i didnt build the engine but with the gear that was in it would have cost abot 10g to build from scratch the heads would have been half of that. i never ran it at the drags but my mate has a high12sec camaro and it could out accelerate that quite easily. if i knew then what i know now i wouldnt have sold it . i would have kept it and repaired the engine and sorted the oiling problem out. it had a hi vol oil pump at anything over 6000rpm it would suck the sump dry[bad] all it needed to fix was replace the pump with a stock volume pump and increase the size of the oil returns in the valley. check out my cardomain links for some pics of the motor out of the car, its the middle one.

dave

yeah was 3.8 litre v6 chev . i didnt build the engine but with the gear that was in it would have cost abot 10g to build from scratch the heads would have been half of that. i never ran it at the drags but my mate has a high12sec camaro and it could out accelerate that quite easily. if i knew then what i know now i wouldnt have sold it . i would have kept it and repaired the engine and sorted the oiling problem out. it had a hi vol oil pump at anything over 6000rpm it would suck the sump dry[bad] all it needed to fix was replace the pump with a stock volume pump and increase the size of the oil returns in the valley. check out my cardomain links for some pics of the motor out of the car, its the middle one.

dave

Fuk that's wicked! 8)

I toyed with the idea of the holden 3.8 in my capri but ended up getting the VG30 cheap :wink: