Mk 2 Capri 3000GT - Race Car

Malc

Can anyone help - I need advise on setting up my capri which I race at Ruapuna in Classic Saloons. Someone must know how to get these cars to handle, as I have the car competitive but, the handleing is letting it down and I am not sure on the best up.

Please help - Cheers

Hi - No it has non adjustable shocks, front has adj 24mm roll bar and 350 pound springs and the rear has a light weight swaybar and muti-leaf springs. What srping rates shoud be used, also caster and camber settings etc. Parmside in ChCh athink I should fit coil overs with non adj group four inserts but are not sure on the springs. Also the car require something to stop the lateral rear axel movement. the car runs 1.44 at Ruapuna, all I need is around 2 secs a lap to keep up with the RS Porshe's etc

Does it have a panhard rod or 5 link kit?

Im not sure about the rear shocks on Capris but can you get them turreted or something?

Does it have adjustable top hats or tca's?

Can you get a double width anti rollbar kit for them or run twin front sway bars?

Does it have quick rack - ie 2.5 lock or similar?

nolathane bushes all round?

check out this site too http://turbosport.co.uk/index.php - alot of knowledge there

Thinking of fitting a panhard rod to help lateral movrment as 5 link kit is not allowed in classics owing to COD regs

Also fitting adjustable top mounts on the front

Quick rack - fitted

Nolathane bushes all round, to be fitted

What are the best inserts to use on an coil over set up - pref adj

Main area of confusion is fron spring rating and rear leafs - single or multi and what rating