Car dies when brakes applied.

Gaz

The car has no vacum. Its not booster assisted. Well all the wireing seems to be fine. Didnt replace terminals yet and didnt check this brake switch on pedal box. Will look into it.

Also Funkmaster. ZIPPY rules hard. "Rainbow"

Have you taken current readings off the alternator? A clamp meter is the easiest way to do this because other wise you have to run the multimeter in series. What voltage is the system running at with ignition on/off/when you apply the brakes/idling/at higher engines speeds? Have you tested under no load then full electrical load conditions? Also when did the issue start?

I would suspect your alternator from the description you have given. The brushes might be on their way out... However without being able to be there it's hard to make any kind of accurate diagnosis.

Hydrolic clutch as its column shift.

Well couldnt find the problem. It wasnt electrical tho.

Checked the float level in carb and allsorts of shit. No idea what it was.

Swapped the car now anyway and he didnt care. Said he will take it in and get it fixed.

Hydrolic clutch as its column shift.

Well couldnt find the problem. It wasnt electrical tho.

Checked the float level in carb and allsorts of shit. No idea what it was.

Swapped the car now anyway and he didnt care. Said he will take it in and get it fixed.

True, forgot about the column shift..... :oops::lol:

Guest AbLaZ3

i fucked my startermotor an alternator an battery an it did this. it was the alternator that did my stalling, coz when i put on the breaks, or the lights it jus ran outta battery an the car died. repalced the lot, good as gold.