What are these tyres for?

Gaz

Hey am looking at buying these for my rims. What kind of tyres do these look to be. Ie drag, track, dirt or just road.

They are goodyear eagle racing tyres. 23.5x12.o-13.

19647220full1ot.jpg

Thanks

Look to be circuit wets, being wide 13 inch one....Formula Pacific?

Definitely arent for road use (and the side of the casing will tell you so)

And they are probably crossply (rather than radial), so you will probably need a set of crossply fronts, otherwise it might be interesting to drive.

Id be checking on the age of the tyre as wide 13 inch tyres arent really in too much demand now (racing wise), and they could be fairly old, and may have little or no grip, and there may be issues with the tyre construction staying together.

So they are no good for extra traction down the strip?

Just brought some 10 inch wide rims so need some tyres to go on them and those ones are only 50 bucks for the two.

You saying they no good really rnt ya.

So they are no good for extra traction down the strip?

Just brought some 10 inch wide rims so need some tyres to go on them and those ones are only 50 bucks for the two.

You saying they no good really rnt ya.

If they are as old as I think they are, about the only thing they will be good for is holding a car upright (or for shows), and being crossply slicks they will be generally pretty porous, and will go flat over a couple of weeks.

As for drag racing....nah, while they might have been soft and grippy when new....Id be guessing you will still be wheelspinning at the end of the quarter on these.

The wheels were just cheap so I brought them. Ugly as fuck motherfuckers.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... d=53125370

Can I not use them down the strip Callum? Will they not go through scrutineering?

Guess the tyres are a bad idea then. Bet they would put up a decent amount of smoke tho ;) Might be good for an awsome burnout comp./

From the look and style of them they are extremely old, would definitely not get through Motorsport NZ scrutineering and I doubt drags would be much different. Good ornament though. :wink:

Callum

If we are discussing the tyres.....

Motorsport Scrutineering doesnt actually check everything on the car anymore...its audit only, and its very rarely (except in the case of sanctioned series with control tyres) that tyres are actually checked.

If the tyres are new (as they appear), and have no obvious safety defects, then you can run the tyres. Age or style of tyre play no part in scrutineering.

There are still a heap of people with Dunlop A2s and old Formula Pacific Slicks that they choose to run on their cars, I personally wouldnt because your grip is majorly compromised....but its their call.

If we are discussing the wheels......

Modifications limitations:

(a) Steel Wheels may not be modified from the original specification of the manufacturer.

So unless they were originally made like that (and you can get some documentation to support that), they dont meet Schedule A requirements...

Cant run them at a MNZ event.

From the look and style of them they are extremely old, would definitely not get through Motorsport NZ scrutineering and I doubt drags would be much different. Good ornament though. :wink:

Callum

Damn well thats ok. They were $15 so no loss. I might still buy those tyres as they would look awsome just sitting around on those shit rims painted matt black.

Could take them to drags if I ever make it there and see what the haps is with them I supose. otherwise huge smoke burnout wheels. :D