16v 1600cc mitzi rwd???

Guest seriour

Guest seriour

i have 78 lancer and i wanna put a 16valve in it. i was considering a 4age but bellhousing and box is hard and expensive to get. is there anything mitzi (4g63) that i can get a rwd box for?? and what kind acar can i get it out of? otherwise something that is rwd or can easily hget a box for that knows how to rev a bit 1600 - 1800?????????

Sigma/lancer/l200 rwd gearbox will bolt up to fwd 4g63 turbo and non turbo, trouble is the gearbox is the least of your worries, inlet manifold, exhaust manifold, fuel lines/pump, radiator hoses, etc etc these are some of the dramas you will encounter fitting a motor tha was designed for fwd into your car (speaking from experience here, i have a twincam 4g63 N/A ex lancer)

so a turbo rwd drive one will be sweet just some fuel and water hoses. guess it might be betta to go 4age then as all those parts are available.

A RWD turbo 4G63 will bolt in with gearbox unless your car is the 4G36 1200cc, just use a 1400, 1600 or 2000cc xmember, and you'll also need to cut out like 2cm from your tunnel cos the shifter fits a bit back

May need to mod driveshaft

Use the 4G63 radiator and everything will fit, no need to different lines or anything. 4AGE=Massive ordeal for way less power, mounts, gearbox mounts, radiator etc

Guest seriour

yeai got a 1600 so i wont need to change anything beside radiator and maybe my water hoses off the car? damn that sounds mean and those engine arent too hard to get. i imagine the my standard diff and gearbox wont handle it too well? starions have independent rear ends what bout gland gsrs?? arent they FWD

yeai got a 1600 so i wont need to change anything beside radiator and maybe my water hoses off the car? damn that sounds mean and those engine arent too hard to get. i imagine the my standard diff and gearbox wont handle it too well? starions have independent rear ends what bout gland gsrs?? arent they FWD

Diff will be alright for awhile mang, just don't launch

Gearbox, use the RWD 4G63 box too