Guess that box...

Guest redseven

Guest redseven

I need to know what this is, its a 5 speed cable clutch, (sigma box?)and bolts up to a 4g32 or sigma 4g63, I need a sutable flywheel and clutch to mate it to a 4g63 but I have no idea what to use any ideas?

dscf03829yc.th.jpg

Looks like an early RWD 4G3x series box. It will bolt up to the narrow block 4G63, or any other 4G6x series engine too. The 4G6x engine was actually based on the 4G3x engine, and has lots of similarities, and some identical parts too.

You would have to use a flywheel/clutch off a RWD 4G3x engine.

Guest redseven
its an early 4g52 5 speed.
Do they have the same outer dimmensions of a 4g63? or are they smaller? and I thought 4G52 gto boxes were all 4 speed?

The gto boxes are generally 5 speed for the 4g52, the 16l are mostly 4 speed but there were a few like the gs model that come out with a 5 speed. Check out coltspeed's project car and there'll be more info on that gearbox onto a 4g63. I'll get a pic of both so you can compare.

how well does the l200 gearbox fit in your colt. did you have to do many mods.. i am using a 4g52 5speed box from a gto on a twincam fwd 4g63 engine and puttin them both into a 72 colt 16l. the box doesnt require many mounting mods. and i know where there is another 5speed box,, if you are interested. might be easier, then your flywheel clutch and starter you can get out of any old gto wreck :)

Guest redseven

Thanks Joseph for the shots, maybe its a colt gs 5 speed? looks like the 4 speed in the pic but it doesnt have that flat spot in front of the shifter,

Keen to see your 16L project 4GAZIM u got any photos?

Thanks for the help guys but 16L's to the back of the garden for now, I may have a granny spec arriving....

haha, all good fellas.. i will post photos, when i figure out how.. im no computer wizz, it took me 3 days to put a tiny photo under my name. hahaha. where should i post them?

haha, all good fellas.. i will post photos, when i figure out how.. im no computer wizz, it took me 3 days to put a tiny photo under my name. hahaha. where should i post them?

go to http://www.imageshack.us to host pics, you can use it to resize pics to use as your avataras well. Post in the User's Projects / Build Ups area, give us some background info and what you plan to do to it.