w57 to lexus v8 conversion.

crazy_rich

yo, im putting a W57 onto the back of my Lexus v8, i have made the adapter plate, but am just wondering if anyone could help me with sorting out what kind of clutch master/slave cylinder combo i should use. I am going to make a custom billet flywheel so i could basically use whatever clutch pack i wanted so long as it has the same spline as my box, and fits inside the bellhousing. Does the hydraulic clutch setup have to be a match to the clutch pressure plate (i.e. off the same engine) or can it be anything, so long as it moves the thrust forks in far enough? I was thinking about using the standard turbo supra clutch pack, but i am unable to obtain the hydraulic supra bits. would a hilux, levin or mr2 turbo slave an master cylinder work? thanks for reading this. any help would be greatly appreciated. cheers.

any fork will work as long as it pushes the bearing in far enough.. but many bearings are made to go with the forks so you will have to use the bearing that goes with the fork.

You can use any slave - master I think... but you have to use the same master with the same slave not from different makes/models etc.

ie, I'm going through this drama myself trying to get a W55 to mate with my pinto. I have modified a ford bearing & fork to work on the toyota shaft, and I have a modified toyota fork to work with a toyota bearing..

it's turning into a bit of a headache to be honest and I'm loosing enthusiam. :?

the best thing to do is to try and use the most factory bits u can as the master and slave cyls are matched to give the best travel/feel in the factory. since the capri is cable u r gonna have to fab a clutch pedal ass to work a hydr master cyl. gettin the ratio right of the pedal- pushrod to get the clutch 1 to work properly

2 to have the right feel[ hard/soft]

is the hardest thing. RT has done a similar conversion so u might wanna ask him. he might have an easy solution. other wise it could be a bit of trial and error

• 4 weeks later...

hilux's come with a w59 often which will have clutch parts... or the G series boxs in hiaces and liteaces, townaces (G52 G55 etc) interchange with supra box. like the 5k powered liteace has a bellhousing to fit a supra box etc.. funny shit.. but yeah find one with the clutch slave on the correct side as your w57. clutch forks vary in length and pivot point location so find one that suits.. pickapart is a good place to stuff around