Missing a few parts *.* Pinto *.*

Gaz

Im rebuilding a 2l pinto at the moment.

Am missing a few parts and apparently they dont make them anymore. If anyone knows where to get em thatd be good.

Need.

- Front bearing for the idler shaft that drives dizzy and oil pump.

- 6mm hex shaft that goes between the dizzy and oil pump.

Ford has obsoleted both these parts.

ah yes...

well, you can probably get the bearing from any bearing place.. not exactly sure which bearing you are refering to though.

As for the pump drive. I had the same problem. I had two solutions,

one was to use a steel allen key. There is a size which is a perfect fit. Cut it down and you're away laughing. However, the allen key is alot tougher than the original item This of course means it won't wear out! but also means it might wear out the corrosponding parts on the pump... if you were keen to do this in the same of research and development, it would be great. Especially if you are only planning to run the engine for 6 months or so then you should...and let me know how it works out!

Me being too pussy to do this myself on my new engine, I choose Option two, was just open up lots of pintos at the wreckers and take a drive that is the least worn. lol.

For the bearing.

The cam belt goes around the crank, the cam and this idler shaft. (there is a tensioner as well but seperate.) This idler shaft is about 120mm long and has a gear on it. It is a halocal gear that drives the dizzy. The end of the shaft nearest to the pulley on the front runs in a replacable soft metal bearing(very similar to a cam bearing) The back of the shaft appears to run in just the cast iron of the block. When i sent block into Summit to be rebored they destroyed (when taking out) the bearing and now i find it is not available. Wish they had asked before taking it out.

The oil drrive shaft.

I will take an allan key and the shaft back to university when i go back and use the vickers hardness tester to compare hardnesses of the two.

;)

Ok have now found the bearing. They donot sell them in NZ anymore. they are rendered obsolite.

I am getting two in from UK for $50.00 each.

Anyone else need one since im bringing some over already? Supose not everybody replaces this bearing when rebuilding.

yes do that.. repco have monkeys working there. I rang up and asked them if they would have a mount for my toyota 5 speed and the dude was like nah nothing like that mate.. nah sorry I've checked and we've got nothing.

Then I ring toyota and they couldn't really help. They didn't know what a w55 was.. they said they could get some outta japan for big dollars but I would have to come in and go by the pictures on the computer.

So I rang the wreckers to see if there were any decent secondhand ones, and they said don't get a secondhand one, buy one new from... REPCO!

Fuck! so I ring a different repco and the dude was like, yep no problem, got one right here!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

yes do that.. repco have monkeys working there. I rang up and asked them if they would have a mount for my toyota 5 speed and the dude was like nah nothing like that mate.. nah sorry I've checked and we've got nothing.

Then I ring toyota and they couldn't really help. They didn't know what a w55 was.. they said they could get some outta japan for big dollars but I would have to come in and go by the pictures on the computer.

So I rang the wreckers to see if there were any decent secondhand ones, and they said don't get a secondhand one, buy one new from... REPCO!

Fuck! so I ring a different repco and the dude was like, yep no problem, got one right here!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

what mount was that?

alot of repco's counter jaffa's are lamers, we are one of repco's branches biggest customers, and they screw up 2-3 times a day without fail and make are jobs take alot longer than they should, its a shame cause repco does generally have alot of stuff.

i rang the repco on cnr of montreal st in chch and asked if they had a seal that goes between engine and rocker cover for a ford 1600 x-flo engine they looked up on there computer and said no they dont sell seals for that engine so then i rang the store on the cnr of gasson st and they said they have them