starter motor packed up maybe?

WildPlumDx

hey guys well i was just about to leave for work this morn when my car stalled and she didnt start again only thing that comes up on the dash is the oil light but all the elsetrics go it just wont turn over what so ever after it stalled i'm thinking the starter motors packed up coz i checked it to see if any power was going to it and there was and its earthed all good but when starters pack up do they just go totally DEAD? like turn it over and totally nothing happens!? and the starter didnt sound to flash in the first place it used to be noisy and grind if you try start it if it failed to start the motor and you'd start it again to quickly it would grind itself if that makes sense!well i cant work it out ooh and the coil heats up gets warm well the resistor does when the ignitions just switch on is that normal ? i'm baffled with the thing! any help would be great cheers guys

Mine used to get 'stuck'. I would press the button but just get a whirring noize. The pinion would get stuck on a chip in the spiral shaft thingy and the only way to unstick it was to lossen the starter bolts and shake it hard till i herd it come loose, would start fine atfer that... till the next time it got stuck.

i just went to the wreakers and grabed a rooted one for ten bucks that had the part i needed (the part was mint cause the sleave had protected it from rusting) and had an auto elecy chuck the part on to my gstarter for another $10

ps: urs might have rooted the contacts or something. try removing it and see if they are too durty to form a connection... u might be lucky and find that some cleaning off of all the shit will restore the connection... or just find a reconed one, shouldnt be too much $$$