Indicators what makes that ticking noise

WildPlumDx

The Flasher Unit makes the ticking noise. If yours are staying on it could be a buggered flasher unit or a shitty earth or a blowen bulb somewhere in the mix. Flasher Units are fairly cheap and usually located under the dash, my C110 has them under the glovebox and my N910 has them under the steering wheel above the pedal's. There should be two, one is your indicators the other your hazards.

The flasher in my car was hanging down under the dash by the steering wheel and kept shorting out when it hit things. You could hear the ticking. I taped it up and put it up under the dash and now i cant hear it at all. Iv only got one, no hazards.

Also another thing, for awhile my indicator would go on, but not flash. It was just a loose connection to the rear tail light :)

Yeah late model electronic flasher units can also have pretty quiet operation too. Some flasher units also have the hazard system in them as well, but it depends on how the whole system is wired up from factory.

So if you've got an old car, be carefull which flasher unit you go and buy, cause it could just end up pissing you off and wasting your money. :wink: