Replacing gauges

Josh

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ive got smiths gauges for mine, speedo, rev counter, clock, amps, volts, temp, fuel, oil and vac all original mk2 1s except for volts and vac

Did you know you can still buy the rev counter ones new. I got mine reconed and the guy told me. $350 for new one.

dayymn

ive got smiths gauges for mine, speedo, rev counter, clock, amps, volts, temp, fuel, oil and vac all original mk2 1s except for volts and vac

Did you know you can still buy the rev counter ones new. I got mine reconed and the guy told me. $350 for new one.

dayymn

i payed $200 with the gt dash etc with 4 gauges

They look rather well priced..see what they are like compared to the price i get from some place in chch

those prices are american dollars too. but youll find that if most performance shops dont have what u want in stock theyll get them from summit and charge u for air frieght and their markup

yup they are prolly the best mail order performance shop in the world. i brought a B+M shifter for my torrie was 395+gst here i paid $251nz to my door with the dollar @68cents , i got a fair bit of small stuff to eg stickers wiring loom etc they were great . if ya go to their sit order a free cataloge it has heaps of stuff in it. when i ordered i rang them instead of ordering online it just felt safer to me.

Guest dreadedretard

ive seen shit like that... like rev and km's, oil pressure, water temp, and summing else? exhaust temp? anal temp? lol i dunno but they can be fucking expensive its so stupid. just stick to the originals!!!! just clean'em up a bit

The only original guage that is no good for a newer engine could be the rev counter. Some older ones dont go to 8. Some new engines need to goto 8. And in some cases the speedo. But then 100 is the speed limit....

had a look in the summit cataloge prices for autometer phantom series[white face]

tach- 5" in dash-126.95

speedo 5" indash- 75.95

water temp 2-1/16" - 56.95

oil press " -39.95

volts " - 34.88

fuel " - 38.88

you may be able to use your fuel sender otherwise $34.88 for a sender

= $ 373.56 us + 30% for our dollar = 485.62 nz

+ frieght and nz customs duty cause its over $400

do the maths bro they are fucking heaps cheaper, NZ retailers rip u off

May be worth you Pm'ing JR. He was considering electronic digital gauges for his capri's dash. Don't know if he's still doing it though. Yeah C2 and the rest of Autometers stuff is pretty expensive. Why not get a GT dash from a MK2 and modifiy to fit. That way you'll get 6 gauges which will look the part. Just light them up with Blue LED's to make them match you interior

Also add a magnetic speedo pickup to that list above ^^. Aftermarket gauges don't often use factory speedo drives eh.

edit: just noticed your old gauges are 6pod too. oops

Holy shit! That prices is out of it compared to here! and im only wanting 3 3/8" tach and speedo as well so mite be cheaper yet :D Im gonna email them now and see what the c2 series come to. And yea chrome_gt my old ones were 6pod..just going for something a little more custom.