lights ........any help?

L0WMK2

Guest WESTCORT

do your parking lights work? do the rears work when your lights are ment to be on? what do u mean by rear light was busted? 1 bulb blown or?

Smashed? was the lens broken too?

Maybe the bulb socket is stuffed cos someone hit it with something. Check if 12V is getting to the bulb holder. Also make sure it's earthing properly. I think you said all the rear lights were not working last nite. If so I'd check fuses and earth wire.

Smashed? was the lens broken too?

Maybe the bulb socket is stuffed cos someone hit it with something. Check if 12V is getting to the bulb holder. Also make sure it's earthing properly. I think you said all the rear lights were not working last nite. If so I'd check fuses and earth wire.

just the bulb got smashed nothing else, yeh wiring is so shit in my car have to look into it

so is it a series circuit? so if one thing goes so does everything else? fukin brits lol

think so

No Way. Bulbs all in parallel, earthed at bulbs (each lamp cluster has its own, shared by all bulbs (brake, tail and ind). Power feed to bulbs via switch. Even brit electrics aren't that crazy.

Feed to switch? Switch? Get a multimeter on it.

I had something like this a few years back. i still havent fixed it properly but i will when i re loomk the car.

so if i have this correct.

you have park lights.

when you turn you main beam on it you have no lights.

when you turn on the high beam they come on.

if this is so i have found that the earth connection between the headlights and body was o/c, i dont know where.

So what i did was pulled out 1 head light found the earth pin connected a new wire bteween earth and the pin.

that fixed it for me and it has been fine for abt 3 years now.

hope this helps