tyres can phuk gearbox?

davidian

ok, ive cracked the 2nd gearbox in 2 months on the truck...

one theory is that my tyres are causing the transfer case to fuck with the gearbox because the front tyres are 10 mm wider than the rears as well as about 10 bigger in profile as well.

somehow i thought that tyres only needed to be spot on same for off-roading where traction plays a key, but not on-road as well?

can this be the case that tyre sizes are kicking the box out of whack and shitting it?

yeah its cause the dia of the rolling stock is not the same fr to back making the transfer box to work all the time making up for the different axle speeds this eventually causes the box to fail as u know twice. my advice is put the taller tyres on the back and smoke it up until they are the same size as the front prob solved . hahaha :lol:

my advice is put the taller tyres on the back and smoke it up until they are the same size as the front prob solved . hahaha :lol:

hehe ya bugger, thats how it went the first time lol good idea considering im gonna have to cough up the coin for a new set (anyone here work at a tyre shop yo? c'mon free box-o-pizz for anyone with a staff discountizlle :) )

yeah man, make shure yous drop by if you have time....

Guest ltlmissqt

hey y'all,

This is ivans gf here and im the one that told him his gearbox is fucked from having different tyres on it , but he had to ask you guys whether i was right or not come on ivan ... admit it i was right??? lmao :lol:

hey y'all,

This is ivans gf here and im the one that told him his gearbox is fucked from having different tyres on it , but he had to ask you guys whether i was right or not come on ivan ... admit it i was right??? lmao :lol:

you so weren't

being female = you were wrong, regardless :P

yeah its cause the dia of the rolling stock is not the same fr to back making the transfer box to work all the time making up for the different axle speeds this eventually causes the box to fail as u know twice. my advice is put the taller tyres on the back and smoke it up until they are the same size as the front prob solved . hahaha :lol:

now ive had a bit of a think about this and unless ivan's been driving it around in 4wd all the time it shouldnt really make a difference. since when the truck is not in 4wd it is rear drive only! the front diff is disconnected at the transfer box .any body elses thoughts?

Guest ltlmissqt

just cause you boys cant handle having a gurl that knows bt cars...

i may be a female ... but ive probably owned more cars than you at 22 and i have alot of respect in the automotive trade ... so guess what bite me lol :lol: