ke70 wagon turbo?

Guest Scheme

Guest Scheme

I've just bought an old ke70 wagon for something to do, what toyota turbo motor requires the least work to get it to fit?

get ab ae85 crossmember, and an early (read: bigport) 4agze, and some RWD 4age mounts, a RWD blurtop manifold, ditch the supercharger, get a turbs manifold off the dude on toyspeed that makes them, run a T28 ball bearing turbo, link ECU, and go make mega horsepower.

done

alternatively, a smallport (ae101) MAP 4agze, and do a "cut and shit" inlet manifold to get the throttle body on the right end.

4agze with a turbo running 5psi makes more power than one running a supercharger on 8-10psi

true story.....

get ab ae85 crossmember, and an early (read: bigport) 4agze, and some RWD 4age mounts, a RWD blurtop manifold, ditch the supercharger, get a turbs manifold off the dude on toyspeed that makes them, run a T28 ball bearing turbo, link ECU, and go make mega horsepower.

done

4agze with a turbo running 5psi makes more power than one running a supercharger on 8-10psi

true story.....

yup true, although, i prefer the t4 exhaust housing and ht18 turbo, boost at around 3300rpm.

rwd 4ag bits seem hard and expensive to find. just as easy to cut and shut, and mod the fwd bits to suit.

use standard crossmember and mounts, just make new mounts for engine.

i would recommend going link. have had far to many hassles with modifed factory looms and ecus lately

they go damn well,

• 2 months later...

bringing an old topic back here, I have a 81 wagon with the box steering and an 87 wagon which I was gonna swap the front ends over, the box steering should swap straight over to... then te71 xmember, and the 3t-gte goes straight in?

i was gonna do the same thing i bought a dx sedan with a already mounted Z18et nissan sohc 1800 8 valve turbs sounds OLD coz it is! but yeah it fitted in there sweet JUST! yeah a dude here in prams got a SR20DET in a dx waggy mate that thing must go! but sr's are NOT CHEAP! you'll be sideways alot tho! :lol: GOOD FUN!