Mini Tail-lights and dash lights

Guest dreadedretard

Guest dreadedretard

My fuses are fine. but my dash lights have gone and so have my tail lights. no idea why but they have and i just got a warrent without them... weird....

Help please.

Guest dreadedretard

So possibly they could be in a circuit? So the power has to complete the circuit for everything to go so if one blows the circuit is cut off?

Shit! i feel the pain. had trouble with my park light/ indicators etc once in the mini. The indicators would sometimes go fine-othertimes not- then sometimes really slowly at awrkwardly. Check every connection. Follow the wires, Find out where they earth, where they're powered from etc. My problem was a corroded bullet terminal. Replaced this and alls good.

What happens when you remove each of the two fuses :) (thats all my whole mini has). Best way with these old cars is just trial and error, and elimination of causes.

Maybe the earth connection to one of the fuses is getting old, loose, corroded?

Man-good luck

Guest dreadedretard

I removed both fuses and nothing worked as they shouldnt. everything is going except my tail lights. so i tihnk it must be a bulb. i dont know about dash lights though.. hopefully its in the same circuit. its such a cunt though. now i cant drive at night until i fix it or im at risk of getting green sticker!!!! noooo

Guest dreadedretard

Cheers mate. My switch is working coz my headlights go. but a wire could of come loose. i tried last night but it was too dark. ill try after skool sumtime or sumtime. oh well its english i was just waiting for problems lol

Guest dreadedretard

Right, first off today i took out and replaced the taillight and brake-light lights. brake lights worked but taillights didnt. Went on to the front and checked the front parking lights and they were fine. put them back on, and still no change. Fiddled with the switch and changed around some wires so its not the switch. and last i took out my guage cluster and found alot of bulbs were blown from in the guage cluster so took them all out and headed down to repco with no parking lights, tail lights, speedo, petrol guage. but i was fine, and didnt get a green sticker. got 5 bulbs for the dash and put them all in and tried the switch again and still no bloody taillights or parking lights.. so now ive been looking through my haynes manual looking through wiring diagrams and i think there are fuses from the switch on wards towards the taillights and parking lights. Anyone know where the fuses actually are? the wiring diagrams didnt show exactly where they are. help me someone please!!!!!!!!

fuses are in the little box on the fire wall, just to the right (car's right) of the carb, toward top of firewall......

any wires fallen off the main power feed at the solenoid??? down the bottom of the engine bay, RHS next to the engine......

hah, I never really had electrical problems on any of mine... sorry dude.

Guest dreadedretard

Its not the fusebox coz other things which work off that same fuse are working.. eg. window wipers.. it must be a linefuse or summin. no idea where the fuck it us. somewhere between the switch and the lights.. ahhh what a nightmare!!

Hey.

Just checked my haynes also. Ok pg 12A.1 of haynes manual 0646 1969 to 2001. For a four fuse system, the forth fuse (15A) does side and tail lights, and instrument lights only. The third fuse apparently does the wipers etc. However i know that haynes manuals are often wrong.

You say you've removed a fuse and found your wipers don't go. Are you sure the tailights also run off that fuse? My fuses in the '71 are on the right hand side of engine bay .

http://71mini.myphotoalbum.com/view_pho ... d=Dscf0512

Its in that photo half way up, about a cm in from your left. Underneath that box which has the headlamp relays etc in it. On myne there are only two fuses there though. Older model.

Maybe the instrument lights are powered by the tailight circuit. This makes sense as you'll only ever need your instrument lights when your tailights are on. Headlights separate because they are important and require more juice. Basically if i was you I'd hunt down the power supply to the gauges, then the power supply to the tailights. They've got to meet somewhere.

Guest dreadedretard

Mines got the 2 fuse box and i think its a line fuse thats out. I just have no idea where the hell the wires go ay.. if they are just simply under the carpet and in the body in some god forsaken place..

Guest dreadedretard

Problem fixed. Lucas rocker switch fucked. and a line fuse which was in the engine bay under alot of crap was not blown but the fuse holders was fucked and smashed up a bit. Took me $50 to find them faults. Stupid auto-electrician. oh well. id rather pay $50 for a auto electrician than getting green stickered. so cheers for your help guys.

Thats what oldschools about!!!