Heater not blowing hot air!

WildPlumDx

dunno about your engine.. what is it? 4K? 2T?

frost plugs are cheap as chips. ..with my engine you have to take it out to replace em though.

But it won't be the frosties unless you're loosing stupid amounts of water. The heater might be your thermo if it ain't sending water to your heater unit etc.

mmm l200 2.6 double cab ...mmm , oh anyway , umm could be ur thermostat but it would relly only effect it if it wasnt opening and if it wasnt opening u wouldnt be getting far , ur heater core coud be stuffed or the levers that control the heater could be jammed , mine stpped working cos of that ...just my 2cents

they look like lil radiators and are mounted in your heaterbox, ur going to have to pull the whole damn thing out if u wanna check it , easier way is to find the heater hoses that go into the firewall and warm the car up uopen up the hot on ur control and feel both hoses they should both be quite warm , if one is and one isnt then there's sumfing up in the heater box , if they're both cold then well obviously theres no water going into either of them! :lol:

now i gotta suss what goes where ok so i have the pumping for the heater going into itself just does a complete loop! where do i hook it up too ? i was thinking running the top connection from the firewall to the top radiator hose ? and the bottom firewall connection to the bottom radiator hose ?! so one cold one hot does it work like that !? also engine is dual fuel LPG and Petrol i wont stuff anything up hooking the heater up will i ?! i figger its fool proof hooking up a heater !? dunno! thats why i'm asking :D better be safe then sorry!

cheers!

umm wellll thereis usually a connection somewhere on your waterpump that allows the heater pipe to go into and another on the manifold,block,radator , somewhere around there , unless u have a none original engine in which case good luck haha

ummm its not the standard engine but its an L200 engine the sport one 2.6 so yeah i just gotta T bracket into some plumbing i guess btw does it matter what goes into what connection at the firewall say top pipes hot bottoms cold or whatever if that makes sense ?

here s where you get your workshop manaul out and see which way it is , hot should go onto the bottom (hot rises) itll help the flow of the current) and it best if the inlet into the heater is where presure is (inlet manifold prehaps?) and the oppostie for the outlet (if there a junction on the sire of the watperpump is good cos of the vacuum created there , so basically round your bottom hose somwhere? , im not sure i havent done this kinda work before so im just giving my input on the basics lol