IM LOST

Guest *missdatsun*

Guest *missdatsun*

hey i am having a problem with my car it starts fine runs really well but everynow and then the car will cut out while driving down the road. there is power and it revs when u accelarate but there is no power behind the revs so it dusnt go newhere. i am completely lost to what the problem is as i thought i fixed it. any help with this would be much appreciated!!!!

Guest *missdatsun*

if it was my clutch it wouldnt change gears or would crunch but thats fine its just when ur noramly driving down the road not even changing gear

if it was my clutch it wouldnt change gears or would crunch but thats fine its just when ur noramly driving down the road not even changing gear

Itll crunch with a worn thrust bearing or similar. With a slipping clutch its the exact opposite, itd mean youd be able to change gear without even engaging the clutch

na i definatley have2 clutch to change gear

Yeah I was meaning in an extreme example.

At the moment its probably more like driving with your foot slightly on the clutch. If you drive it lighlty itll be ok but if you load it up by being stuck in traffic or launching hard or putting your foot down on the open road or anything itll start to slip

yea, im going with clutch slip. my mate had it in his oldskool 320, would be ok most the time but he booted it down this straight one day and it governed and went now where lol. yea, he could change gear without using the clutch too, but it used to crunch like a bitch.

the clutch and the gearbox were both buggered in that car, but you can have a fine gearbox and slipping clutch.

must be clutch. cant be much more it is unless its slipping out of gear????

You can do a clutch test by driving in 5th (4th maybe in a 4speed) and at about 60k put your foot right down and then punch the clutch right to the floor and then drop it straight back up. Youll tell if it is fucked by the sound or if its good as by the launch youll do :D

I wouldnt do this too many times tho as its hard on the clutch.

Guest *missdatsun*
must be clutch. cant be much more it is unless its slipping out of gear????

You can do a clutch test by driving in 5th (4th maybe in a 4speed) and at about 60k put your foot right down and then punch the clutch right to the floor and then drop it straight back up. Youll tell if it is fucked by the sound or if its good as by the launch youll do :D

I wouldnt do this too many times tho as its hard on the clutch.

lol im gna try that. the gear has only ever slipped out once and i was goin quite fast in third. i cant change gears without clutching. it seriosly dusnt seem to be the clutch :cry: alright who wants to cum and fix my car :D lol

How long does it cut out for? Is it only in certain gears? Could it be the diff?

Like if it happens can you stop the car and keep revving it? If you can try and get someone to get out and see if the driveshaft is turning....

It could be your gearbox?...

But it really does sound like a clutch problem :?

Guest *missdatsun*

it cuts out till u turn the car on or it turns back on its self. it usualy starts fine and its no gear inparticular it even does it in first lol theyre the funny ones to see.