sr20det blue top info anything!

WildPlumDx

hey!

i'm looking at a sr20det blue top conversion for my ke70 wagon its already mounted in a ke70 sedan umm.....has everything minus the driveshaft all this for $500 hopefully waiting on the guy to get back to me! anyways whats the blue top engine like what year are they and are they good !? it has 8 spark plugs if that mean anything rumour is there rare and sort after just needed that cleared up any info would be awesome horsepower would be a good start.. thanks! :D

im not 100% sure but i dont think they made a twin spark sr20 more than likly its a ca18 twin spark out of an 80s silvia they still go well and are reliable, normal mods work the same as any other turbo motor i dont think they made the 8 plug version for very long as the performance is very similar to the regular 4 plug ca18 i stand corrected if any of this info is wrong but i hope it helps

dave

Look at the inlet manifold, a 'high mounted' plenum and a stepped down rocker cover then it's from a S14 Silvia. If the plenum is low slung and the rocker if relatively flat on top then it's from S13 180SX.

The power difference are 162KW (217hp) at 6000rpm with a T25G or a T28 turbo on the S14 and 151kw (220hp) at 6000rpm with a T25G turbo on the S13.

However, I've never seen a blue top engine..from what I've read its from the Nismo 270R S14 Silvia and is rare. Only a few hundred were made apparently.

Anyway it's different from the regular S14 engine because it was tuned by Nismo to make 270 hp.

It's quite possible that the cover was painted blue?

anyway hope this helps somewhat :P

so was there a 8 plug version of the sr20det? if so they must b rare as i asked a friend who has worked in the engine importing business for 10 years and hes never seen or heard of one. thats not saying they dont exist as he sez the japs do lots of wierd and wonderful things as experiments on the unsuspecting public to see if it would work or not

man you guys are awesome thanks for all this help! i'm getting the engine on monday so i'll post pics if u can that is monday night the guy i'm buying it off is a mechanic he said it was a Sr20det so will be interesting to find out what it is i persoanlly have never seen a sr20det that looks anything like this! :shock: