4g3x series cam tensioners

Guest 78lancer

Guest 78lancer

i was drivin home tha other day and my cam tensioner snappd in half, have dun no damage 2 valvs etc but i need a new tensioner and repco say u cant by them brand new ne more, ne 1 got 1 lyin around??? or no were 2 get 1??

nzmmc have got temporary forums up, there's a link to them on performance car forums somewhere.

and if those tensioners are anything like the 4 cylinder VR4 one's then they're a bitch to set up, a mate of mine messed it up and fucked the head on his VR4 a while back. we ended up getting a mate who worked for Dallas motors in Hamilton to do it when we put the rebuilt motor in.

Guest 78lancer

na it jus a oldskool spring tensioner not gas tensioner like vr4's, cant remember wat interference properly means bt i think it means valvs dont cum down enough 2 hit pistons a??

Guest 78lancer

i went to super cheese 2day n they said i had 2 get genuine mitsi parts so i went 2 mitsi n they had 1 in stock for $37.. very cheap i reakon, seein as the belt was $30 from repcowhich means that a whole belt and tensioner change is only $70..

i priced up bushes for the EX a while back, just the rear end, and just the ones on the lower arms (6 in total). i got quoted $150 from mitsi and that was HEAVILY discounted. one of them was meant to be $54 per bush......

i ended up getting the whole arm with 3 decent condition bushes from pick a part for about $8

cheers

Matt