Lowering Block fitment

z-gen

yo

im trying to put lowering blocks into my car at the rear,

but the axle housing wont fit onto the blocks nice and snug, the dimple on the blocks is too big, or the hole on the axle housing is to small.

has anybody had any experience fitting blocks and knows how to fix this ?

i dont have the money to pay someone else to do it, do i need to slot my axle housing mounts ?

- David

bro just cut the dimple off with a grinder, if im getting you correctly. when i got my blocks they had a hole slot on one side and a sort of a cylindrical bit pertruding on the other, had to cut off the bit that was stickin out cause it was hitting the axles and had the holes widened and deeper.

just mod them without too much butchering

hooray for tridents!!!

and yeha we had the same prob with a mates car.... just mod the dimple with a file or angle grinder isn't to hard cos they are made of soft alloy... best not to remove it completely though.... incase the block tries to slip out

Haha nice,the exact same way I did it, although I drove with one block only and it really dodgily loose for a day after running out of time before work! The shock shop in Newmarket (its not a shock shop really but used to be) beside MacMillan BMW was really good for lowering the front, went through 2 sets of lower springs then custom made some for the same price, the car is now 3" (maybe more) lower and rides only a touch firmer that you'd expect, I'd definately recomend them.