Au-tang-a-lang

lowlancer

My Celeste's auto is making bad sounds, as if the g/box is bangin against the housing or something...Any ideas? It only happens under heavy-ish acceleration, and when I go over potholes. It also has a tendency to stall off the line, but I may have fixed that with air filter today. Any help appreciated to put my mind at rest :?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Lowlancer, What engine is in the Celeste? I assume a 4g32 (1600cc).Your GSR manifold might fit, I think there are slight differences between the chain drive and belt drive engines. Basically the celeste is a hatchback Lancer so most bits change over.

Yeah you got it, 4G32, so it won't be too much of a job? Sweet. And as for the knocking, its gotten way worse, as in it is always happening. It's right under the brake pedal.... I've had a look and tried to wiggle stuff, but its all stiff as a catholic priest at a choirboy convention. And I got stuff alll money...Ah the joys of old cars