Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'volkswagen'.
Found 2 results
Well it all started with getting along with the guys at the vdub shop. They had the low light there for a we while had been stripped and sand blasted. The owner was been hard to contact and wasn't doing much. I made a silly offer and got no where. In the end they wanted it gone. Several emails from me to the owner ended up no where. Aiden and I had been talking at the vdub shop trying to help him get it out of his way so he emailed saying sorry we have had enough and have pushed it out side. Saying good luck with the sale it's just going to rust. I then got a email back from the kombi owner saying sweet we have a deal you can pick it up when ever. Meanwhile aiden hadn't put it out side was still in side. Anyway picked it up today. This is pretty much beths kombi as I'm not aloud another car. Got to many bills to pay. She had been sitting a while in the same spot collecting some dust. Token petrol station picture of the new car. And now I collect rusty volkswagens in my spare time I had priced up all the patch panels before going in with the deal so this shull be fun. I also have to finish my valiant before I can start on this. We will see how that goes. Chat about it over here
Discussion: Link I bought Rolf (the golf) as my first car back in 2007 when I was 15 from a family friend. It had a damaged water pump and a broken radiator, and no oil in it. I found a water pump and a Haynes Manual on trademe and set to work, turns out the radiator was fine and no damage had been done to the engine due to the lack of oil. Its an awesome first car i drove it to and from school and university for a fair while on its standard 8 valve. Im filtering through all the previous build threads i made to try and create a bit of a timeline. This was always a learning experience and looking back on it some of the things I did I look back now and am a little concerned with. In saying that Ill probably do the same thing in 10 years time as well. 2010 (2l 16v swap) $500 engine with bent valves was all i could find but at the time it was a good excuse to learn how to rebuild the head.