Squares G20 pest van

square

Yeah I'd call it lucky. I think that's what must have happened, counterweight is a tight fit on crank so it felt like it was torquing up but might have just been pushing on, so when bolts went tight they were bottoming, I torqued them in sequence too.

Anyways will change the lot and see how it goes 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

With the EGT's and depending on how the fuel pin has been profiled you may need to either wind the delivery screw back a little bit or wind the boost up so the mixture leans out a bit to cool things down.

It looked like 600 degrees or so in your photo but what sort of temps is it getting up to at peak load and where is the sensor ie post or pre turbo?  

I used to have my TD42s at 600-650 degrees pre-turbo and it seemed pretty happy.

Such a weapon of a van, keep up the awesome work!

Sweet cheers,

I'm not sure on the pin profile, they say it's their own design. Is the delivery screw the one on top ?

Sensor is pre turbo 

I need to go climb some hills and see where the temps settle but they are higher than if thought for sure, with the install being tight on the sides I'm keen to avoid an intercooler if possible.

Cool, well 600 should be pretty sweet, might just need to dial that screw back a bit if it is getting hot.

I havent had a 1hdt but from my understanding the fuel screw is on the back of the pump - there's a metric shit ton of videos on them on youtube which will help.

I was a bit the same about putting an intercooler on mine with space in the front not all that plentiful, but I got one on in the end and it was a game changer to drive.

• Like 1