Electrical Help.

sr2

Hi Guys, I’m in the process of drawing up a circuit/wiring diagram for the old girl. I’ve reached the stage where I’m drinking heavily while slowly going nuts, staring at it looking for mistakes.

Thought I’d tap into the ’Oldschool Brains Trust’ and see if there are any experts who can critique my effort. Feel free to let rip with comments, good or bad - I’ve learnt from bitter experience that it’s hard to put the smoke back into the wires!

A few points:

·       Most of the switches are over 75 years old hence the number of relays I’m using.

·       I’m using 2 flasher relays because the Trafficators obviously need continuous current.

·       I’m using the front mudguard mounted park lights as blinkers and have ordered P700 headlights that have park lights included, hence the blocking diode on the tail light to stop the tail light circuit feeding back through the headlight circuit. (I don’t want to run the P700 park lights when I’m using them as headlights).

·       If you can’t read the detail in JPG, PM me and I can send you a PDF.

Cheers, & thanks for looking - Simon.

Wire.JPG.b1731863094c513745df6dc114d2f9f8.JPG

• Like 3

.PNG is a good format for drawings, it compresses without blurring the edges.

Looks pretty good pic.(not +ve earth like Morrie which would have generator not alternator ?)

edit: wow, nice work on this old beastie!

editEdit: Might be possible to separate the trafficator stalk solenoid from the lights, and put a blinker on the lights? (will need to check / limit the current in the solenoid, might need a big fat series resistance, or a current limiting switch mode power supply)

21 minutes ago, h4nd said:

.PNG is a good format for drawings, it compresses without blurring the edges.

Looks pretty good pic.(not +ve earth like Morrie which would have generator not alternator ?)

edit: wow, nice work on this old beastie!

editEdit: Might be possible to separate the trafficator stalk solenoid from the lights, and put a blinker on the lights? (will need to check / limit the current in the solenoid, might need a big fat series resistance, or a current limiting switch mode power supply)

Thanks for that mate, I'll post it again as a .png to see if the quality is better.

WiringDiagram.png.972248540f8918a3bd95fdfc3636ffbd.png