Mitch's 1982 GX61 chaser

Mitch.W

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Managed to pick up a pioneer lonesome car-boy component stack which consists of a kp-707g cassette player, cd5 equaliser, gm120 amp, I already have a gm4 amp too, and a pair of ts-x9 to top it off, it also came with a pair of small ts-1655 speakers and a Kex-70 tape player too.

spent afew hours cleaning with a tooth brush and metal polish to get rid of some corrosion and got it looking presentable.

39227149-883F-4C17-AC00-C7E844265E00.thumb.jpeg.cc023c5755f72b7fe3af7fa1194b2d1e.jpeg

tried to bench test the setup but it doesn’t seem to be playing ball, I got it all connected up, the tape gear spin if I falsely load it without a tape, but as soon as I load a tape in it doesn’t seem to have enough juice to spin the tape. I don’t know enough about this stuff to pull it to bits. I also need a volume knob as the one on my cassette player has been snapped off so if anyone has a spare sitting around would be much oh appreciated. 

also pulled the original floor mats out of the boot this weekend and 40 years hasn’t been super nice to the rubber on these and the drive side is starting to crumble apart but they are near impossible to find so will do for now, gave them a scrub up and they came up pretty nice.

9B8C5EF5-AF2B-4A74-A48B-108BAB19D9A5.thumb.jpeg.8e95f64e8f50df11d6bbf971281055f0.jpeg

• Like 6