Blowfly Piaggio 150

tortron

I picked up a piaggio fly 150 a while ago. Most of the front panels missing and someone had taken the carb, cutting the cables and all the wiring in the process (they have a tps on the carb, none of the sensors are needed to get it running but they do alter the timing in the cdi) 

Locks all busted as usual, they have all the lights and wiring for the factory immobiliser, but not fitted for nzdm (sell the cdi to European gypsies for ez theft) 

Anyways it sat in the parts shed waiting for a fly with no back end on it, and I got one last week

IMG_20221124_162831_edit_4433220635781.thumb.jpg.2b43a9f65682647782efbdd89f9ab035.jpg

Parts bike is dereg, missing the rear panels, matty B (and had China scooter rear plastics and seat to make it incognito, also had a car battery wired in under the seat) 

1857790310.jpg.65892e47d6983312367199ace9f5af1a.jpg1857790456.jpg.df2576bef7403e18ed2bf111f560ce9b.jpg

Original bike has live rego

Spark plug was broken and its nearly an engine out job to get to the plug if you don't have the factory tool, might be why the parts were cut out of it. 

But got that one running too, plus I happen to have a 125cc engine in the shed

Parts bike battery and fuse wiring is cut

Original bike has all the carb sensor wiring and some of the front light wiring cut. Luckily most of it is cut 1mm away from the plug, leaving the plug for me to use? But I will need to wire in a new tps plug and headlight plugs. But I think that's better than swapping the looms over, there's a lot of clips

Engine is a liberty, same as vespa lx150 and a few other things. 

I have pretty much everything to make 1 complete decent bike, I think I will paint it but I'm torn between a nice pearl or a roadkill shitheap look deserving of the name blowfly 

• Like 5