Arduino Bongo Turbo Diesel ECU

R3spct

Diesel hot water heater is the one shown in this vid.

If i was doing a purely hot water setup id do it different, maybe a Webasto or something for pure hot water heating and have a separate air heater.  Its a 8kw, and its a bit too powerful for the size of the camper, even on a cold night need to crack a roof vent or it gets a bit toasty. 

Camper had a propane hot water cyl from Japan, as well as a propane 2 burner cook top, but where the bottle used to be ended up being where the rear seat frames needed to go, and carrying a lpg bottle introduces a few other issues. I think it originally had a generator on a slider in the back left corner too. Ive got the diesel hot water plumbed through the original hot water cyl, has some fancy acutated valves so there is no water in the heater when the pump isnt on so doesnt go festering inside the heat exchanger.  Can get cylinder to 60deg in about half an hour, enough to do proper dishes or a quick shower to rinse off. Only has a 85 litre fresh water so showers are brief if need be depending on supply.

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

Bit ambitious but got down the motorway at 80ph to VTNZ for a wof on both. Also GV weight what>??

Ive given up on the Arduino idea, tried a few things but its either beyond me or not feasible.

I did have a high temp programable switch with a EGT sensor pre turbo, with the relay triggering a normal boost solenoid y on the line to the pump, at 630deg it will turn on the solenoid, and bleed off boost, therefore reducing fuel delivery and lowering egt, but its a bit aggressive and also the triggering temp is a bit random.  

Im surprised no one makes a EGT gauge with this function built in, preferably with a way to say start at 10% duty at 550 deg, and 100% at 630deg or so (Programmable).  Maybe there is a way to do with arduino. 

372545772_6457491851037699_66068749383976426_n.jpg

• Like 9