Jump to content

Gaz's Dads Honda ST90


Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...

Not a great deal of progress but every little counts. Whilst some parts were away getting vapor blasted I concentrated on stuff i could do at home.

So I stripped and painted the lower fork yokes and swingarm and painted them with gloss epoxy enamel .


I picked up the rear wheel from my mate dave who does vapor blasting locally and reassembled it. the bearing were fine but I put in new shoes and springs 

I sprayed anything that was vapor blasted with Lanolin to prevent flash rusting and further corrosion




  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

The rear shocks on dads st were pretty poked so I got a new pair of Thai style from mBike. But when i went to install them I found out that a 14mm bolt had been used as the lower shock mount. The shocks I bought from mBike are 12mm. So I cut off, ground it flush and beat fuck out of it so it could be replaced with a hi-tensile M12 bolt. The traces of gold zinc left on the bolt and my argon bottle nearly empty made it a prick to weld 


I made some adapter plates to mount a lifan whilst still keeping the original mounting holes incase I ever want to put the original engine back in, same with the mounts for the original foot rests and bashguard. I gave the plastic mudguard a paint of satin black to tidy it up whilst i look for an original metal chrome one.

The swingarm has been painted satin black too but Im waiting for the paint to harden before I mount it.



  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Not a huge update but slowly chipping away at dads ST whilst waiting for my engine to arrive from overseas. In the meantime Ive reinstalled the original engine so to stop me from tripping over it everytime I walk past it, and also make it easier to move when I move house end of July.

Swingarm is painted satin black to match the guard. The tool holder was stripped and painted too.


  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm still looking for a headlight and bucket but have sourced a speedo. So in the meantime I made some headlight ears that will also double as indicator mounts. The original indicators clamp to the knurled sections on the handlebars.

I cut some lengths of 31.8mm stainless tube from work then hammer formed some 18g stainless to make the ears and glued them together290947272_10159026790043857_7133872297502267850_n.thumb.jpg.7c700b0b32de81cc1b445e0ddef5655a.jpg





Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...