Sign in to follow this  
J4m13

Jamies RX7.. aka the money gobbler

Feel free to pull the piss outa me here, abuse and tell me your thoughts.

Im thick skinned so dont hold back. 

First thing I wanted to do was remove the blue silicone vacuum hoses that was all over the place

DSCN1940_zpsxbgaxf2i

Bought some black hose and replaced

But in the process broke a vacuum switch that are hard to find....:shock:   took hours of searching but found a turkey in greece with some. A whole manifold of them.  Found a couple in U.S but they were the price of the 4 from greece not including freight.

• Like 5

Two weeks in the mail, 30 euro for freight and the package arrived....

I was pretty impressed with the freight, being that i live in queensland and I had a Sata spray gun sent to me from sydney and that was $22 aud

From there i got to tacking the electrics. When i took the car they were in a pretty shitty state. No dash/ignition lights, window switches working intermittantly, rear wiper and spayer u/s.

Front window spray not working. Fuel hatch solenoid and rear glass hatch also shit. Basically anything on the car electrical put the shits up me. And with basic electric skill lacking i felt I was pretty well fucked.

Chatted to a few blokes at work . (I operate power stations... youd think i'd be a bit better schooled with electrical fault finding :huh: )  and racked my brain back to my electrical training back in the navy and I slowly but surely ticked things off the list.

Even tackled the issue of fucked main relay to rid my engine bay of a newly installed one by auto sparky (OCD issue again)

All it needed was the top screw adjusted!!!

• Like 7

I have an aftermarket ignition system fitted to the car.

From the quick searching ive done its an MSD style "upgrade"

Has anyone here had any experience with this?? this is really the last thing I am wanting to change and return back to standard so i'm hoping to get some feedback on this.

Let me know in the discussion page what your take is .... or knowledge

Cheers!!