3TGTE into RA65

Camel

Hey guys,

I am in the process of fitting a 3TGTE into an RA65 celica and was hoping to find a crossmember that would provide a bolt in solution.

The engine still has the factory mounts, I read on an old forum that an SA60 crossmember worked but am hoping to get some confirmation prior to tracking one down

There is also the TT142 crossmember, can anyone confirm if the corona version has same chassis/LCA mounts as celica?

Hi, to my knowledge TT142/TT140 would be the bolt in solution as would TA61 and TA63 as mentioned above. Corona, Celica and Carina all share the same platform in the T140 & A60 series. Not 100% sure about the SA60 bolting up to the 3T ??   Can you look at one of those online part catalogue websites to compare part numbers/diagrams?

The earier model celica and coronas TA45/ TT132 all used steering box so not bolt in.

Thanks for the info guys

Now to find a TT140/TT142/TA61/TA63 crossmember!!!

They are very rare over here is Aussie, would anyone know of any that might be for sale in NZ?? There is a guy wrecking a TT142 on trademe, have already hit him up but no luck!!